Multi-Color Embossing-Vickie’s View
By: Vickie Kertz, Artistic Guide
Finished Card Size: 4.25 x 5.50
Kind and Caring Thoughts (Stampin' Up!)
Pretty Petites (Stampin' Up!)
Cherry Cobbler (Stampin' Up!)
Black (from my stash)
Cream (from my stash)
Painters Opaque Paint Marker in Gold (Elmers)
Gold Ribbon (from my stash)
Small label punch (Stampin' Up!)
Sticky Paper (Stamp on It)
Buttered Rum Embossing Glitter
Chinese Firecracker Embossing Glitter and Embossing Powder
(Note: When I bought the embossing powders they were from PK Glitz. PK Glitz has been bought by Stamp on it and the embossing powders can now be found there.)
The project this month was to use multiple colors of embossing powders. This sort of threw me at first, but after thinking about my stash of supplies, I thought of something that would be nice to share.
- First, I am going to explain how I made the background. I took a piece of sticky paper and peeled off the paper layer. I then put the lace on top of it and pressed it into the sticky paper. Next, I took the Chinese Firecracker Embossing Glitter and sprinkled it over the top of the lace. I used a bone folder to push the the glitter into the sticky paper. Remove excess glitter and put it back in the jar.
- Peel off the lace and apply a lighter color of glitter, which was the Buttered Rum in my case. Again, I used the bone folder to push embossing powder into the sticky paper. Remove the excess embossing glitter and heat emboss.
- Cut this piece to 3.5 x 4. 75 inches.
- The main image is stamped on cream with the Versamark pad and then Firecracker embossing powder was added. I just love the fact that the embossing glitter and embossing powder match. I also love the look of the embossing powder because it is just not one color. It looks like a mixture of colors. The main image is mounted on black cardstock that has been edged with a gold paint pen.
- Stamp the "Hello" tag with the Versamark pad on cream card stock and emboss with the Firecracker embossing powder. The tag was then punched out with a matching punch.
- I have a little trick for the tag. If you punch a second tag out of black and cut it in half you can have a backing for your tag.
- The background glitter piece is mounted to a piece of black cardstock that has also been edged in gold. A gold ribbon was wrapped around this mounted piece before the main image was added. Now you can offset main image on the glitter piece and add the tag.
- Finally mount to a Cherry Cobbler 4.25 x 5.5 inch card.