July Trail Map-Map Maker’s View
By: Ken Schneider, map master.
Finished card size: 5.50 x 7.00
Let's make a bird card with a handmade background, using this month's sketch.
Large Dove (Stampabilities)
Black card stock (c.s.)
Alcohol inked c.s.
Markers in blue, red and dark blue (Marvy)
Loop punch (EK Success)
Lattice punch (EK Success)
Black birds die (Poppystamps)
Small bird border (Fiskars)
Song birds (Computer)
Pearl pen (Viva Decor)
Small lavender c.d. discs (Discology.inc)
- Start on the corner of white c.s. Apply some glue and, with tweezers, attach the little cd's.
- Cover the whole c.s. and use this for the background.
- Cut a rectangle of alcohol inked c.s and punch the bird border along the top. Mat with black card stock.
- Stamp the dove on the alcohol inked card stock and mist with water. Also stamp the dove on white c.s.
- Color the dove with Marvy markers, cut it out and 3-D mount it over the stamped dove.
- Punch out the 2 strips.
- Place on background.
- Circle punch the three computerized song birds.
- Die cut the four little birds from black c.s.
- Assemble all as shown and embellish with pearl pens.
This card will take several days to make, but it's well worth it.
2 Responses »
Leave a Response