Trifold Shutter Card-Cathy’s View
Finished card size: 4.25 by 5.5 inches
sewing notions, "Moments" sentiment on front and girl with pattern (I Brake for Stamps)
inside sentiment (Pink by Design)
Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink)
Blueberry Sky (Papertrey Ink)
Summer Fresh collection (Simple Stories)
The Station collection (My Mind's Eye)
Black Onyx (Gina K Designs)
Jet Black Archival (Ranger)
Powder Puff in in Amaretto (Quick Quotes)
Inktense colored pencils (Derwent)
3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue (Beacons)
Flower Trim (Flights of Fancy)
Score Board (Martha Stewart)
Paper Trimmer (Fiskars)
Double Sided Adhesive (Scotch 3 M)
- Score the card stock per the directions.
- Cut and fold the card stock. It should then look like this:
- Cut the patterned papers and card stock to size.
- Adhere matted flower patterned paper to the front and back panels. Adhere the checked patterned paper to the middle panels.
- Stamp the "moments" sentiment onto white cardstock. Mat with red patterned paper and adhere to front of card.
- Stamp girl and color with colored pencils. Mat on red paper and adhere to center of card.
- Stamp the sewing notions on patterned paper.
- Color lightly with chalks and adhere to card as shown.
- Stamp "live beautifully" sentiment onto white card stock and adhere as shown.
- Adhere flower trim with Beacon's glue.
These cards are a bit challenging to make at first, but become easier with practice. I hope you enjoyed seeing them this month and will join in and create one for yourself.