By: Debbie Ebat, Artistic Guide
Finished Size: 4 X4 canvas
Steam Punk (The Rubber Cafe)
Stylish (The Rubber Cafe)
Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge, Brushed Corduroy, Frayed Burlap and Old Paper (Ranger)
4 X4 Canvas (from Michaels)
foam Brush (unknown)
Ivory acrylic Paint (Apple Barrel)
DoilyVintage embellishments (Recollections)
Inkssentials Ink applicator (Ranger)
Metal charms (Studio G)
Dries clear adhesive (Art Glitter)
- Paint the canvas with the ivory acrylic paint and let dry.
- Stamp the canvas with a news print stamp from the Steam Punk set of stamps.
- Next, I did the direct to paper technique with the distress ink on the edges of the canvas, layering the colors until I got the look I wanted.
- Set it aside to dry.
- While my canvas was drying, I stamped the corset with black ink on white paper and tore around the stamped imaged. Then I applied distress ink with the ink applicator to age the image. I also did some direct to paper to make the outside edges darker.
- Use the distress ink direct to paper on the doily as well.
- Then the fun part begins-- putting the pieces on the canvas. I used glue for this. I like to lay all my pieces onto the canvas before I glue it down and move them around a bit until I'm happy with the composition.
Thanks for stopping by,