Brayered Background-Cathy’s View
Finished card size: 5.5 by 4.25 inches
Trees in water (Crafter's Companion, Stamp-It Australia collection)
Matte coated card stock (Marco's Paper)
Patterned paper from Collectable Collection, Unforgettable line (My Mind's Eye)
Chocolate Kiss card stock (Gina K Designs)
Archival Jet Black (Ranger
Adirondack in Pink Sherbet, Raspberry, Purple Twilight, Aqua, Sailboat Blue and Stream (Ranger)
markers N57 and 245 (Tombow)
Eclipse masking tape (Judikins)
Double Sided Adhesive (Scotch 3 M)
- Stamp tree image onto coated cardstock.
- Place a strip of masking tape along the horizon line, covering the water.
- Apply a layer of pink sherbet ink direct to paper along the sky. Direct to paper means to run your ink pad over the area, applying the ink directly to the paper.
- Ink the brayer with raspberry ink and roll it across the top of the sky, making sure to start and stop off the card stock. Don't cover the pink sherbet completely.
- Ink the brayer with purple twilight ink and roll it over the raspberry ink, making sure not to cover the raspberry completely.
- Move the masking tape so that it now covers the sky. Leave a small amount of sky showing so that you don't get a white line along the horizon. Cover the water with aqua ink, direct to paper.
- Add the sailboat blue and stream inks as you did the raspberry and purple twilight.
- Trim the brayered piece, mat with patterned paper and add to card base.
- Color the lily pads with water based markers. You could add a sentiment, but I chose to leave this one as is.
Enjoy your creation!
3 Responses »
Leave a Response