Side Step Card-Debbie’s View
by: Debbie Ebat, Artistic Guide
Finished Card size: 6.5 X 4.25 inches
digital images from (Scrapbook Stamp Society)
Light purple ( from stash)
Four Seasons (The Paper Studio)
Copic Makers (.too):
Blue / Purple fairy:
Hair-YR20, YR23, YR27
Skin-E00, E31, R20
dress and wings-B02, B00, B0000, B04, V12, V15
Pink and green Fairy:
Hair-R81, R83, R8
Skin-R20, E00, E31
Clothes and Wings-G40, G43, RV52, RV63, RV55, C7, C3, RV66
Yellow/ orange Fairy:
Skin-E00, E31, R20
Clothes and wings-YR16, YR16, YR02, Y18, Y15, Y13, G21, G40, G43, G46
paper cutter (Fiskars)
Paper Scorer (Martha Stewart)
craft tape (Recollections)
corner die (Cheery Lynn)
- Make the card base. Because I wanted a bigger card then the directions gave, I added one inch to the width.
- Then I folded the base per the instructions. My normal paper cutter is a guillotine cutter, but I do have a Fiskars rotary cutter for this type of project. The problem is that's it's difficult to see where to stop cutting. I think if you scored it first, it would be easier to see where you should stop.
- After I folded the card, I went and printed out my images. I wanted to make the base first so I could print the images the correct size.
- These images are so new that they have not been given a name yet, so I named them by the colors I choose to color them with. This is the blue and purple fairy.
- Here's the pink and green fairy.
- Lastly we have the yellow and orange fairy.
- The next step was to cut out the images as carefully as I could. Some call this fussy cutting.
- Then I added the designer paper to the base of the card.
- Next I added the craft tape.
- The last items added were the images and the corner die.
I have always wanted to do one of these layouts and will be doing it again really soon. I hope you give it a try,
2 Responses »
Leave a Response