Happy Birthday to You
By: Debbie Ebat, Artistic Guide
Finished Card Size 5 X 6.5 inches
Dog (Alias- Smith and Rowe)
Happy Birthday (Posh Impressions)
White (Paper Temptress)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Marvy Matchables Salvia Blue (Marvy Uchida)
Stamp It Rainbow ink in Seascape (Ranger)
Distress Ink Scattered Straw (Ranger)
Dog center E33, E34, E35, E37, C4,R21,R46,Y17
Dog Left YR24, YR21, YR12, YR27, R21, C4, R46, B05
Dog Right W1, C4, W3, W5, R21, B05, R46
double stick tape (stash)
Eclipse printable sheets (Judikins)
- I started by stamping the dog stamp on my card stock in the center and then stamping him again on the sheet of Eclipse paper.
- I cut out the dog on the Eclipse paper to make a mask, which I then applied over the center dog. That allowed me to stamp two more dogs, making sure a part of each dog overlapped the first dog. Once the mask is removed, the two other dogs appear to be behind the first dog.
- Then I colored the images with copic markers.
- The next step was to make two more masks and cover all the dogs.
- I used the direct- to- paper technique and inked the background around the dogs blue.
- Then I stamped the "happy birthday" on the blue background.
- I removed the masks and layered the completed image onto brown card stock. The last step was to add the banner across the front. The banner was also colored using the direct-to-paper technique, this time with distress ink, and the "Happy Birthday" sentiment was stamped on it as well.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you give this old technique a try.