Finished card size: 4.25 by 5.5 inches
Dogs, Zig Zag border and Phone Booth (Gina K Designs)
Happy Birthday sentiment (Papertrey Ink)
Solar white (Neenah)
Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Honey Mustard and Red Hot (Gina K Designs)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Distress Ink in Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Shabby Shutters (Ranger)
Copic Markers (.too)
R46 and R83
E25, E27 and E29
Stamp Press (Fiskars)
Eclipse masking tape (Judikins)
Post-it notes (Post-it Products)
1 inch circle punch (EK Success)
Ink Blending Tool with foam pad (Ranger)
- Cut a piece of white card stock to 4 by 5.25 inches.
- Stamp the zig zag border with honey mustard ink along the bottom.
- Stamp the dogs. I used my stamp press to determine placement. I put both dogs and the phone booth on my press and adjusted the stamps until they fit nicely in the available space. Then I removed the phone booth, inked up the dogs with black ink and stamped.
- Remove the dogs from the press, place the phone booth on it and stamp with red ink. The press and my stamp are clear so it was easy to see where to position it.
- Stamp the dogs and the phone booth onto eclipse paper and cut out to make masks.
- Place the masks on the card stock.
- Using the circle punch, punch a circle from the post-it note and use the negative piece to make a stencil for the sun.
- Sponge the yellow and orange inks through the stencil.
- Remove the negative part and replace it with the punched out circle. Sponge the blue and pink colors for the sky. Sponge some green along the zig zag border for the ground.
- Remove all masks and color the dogs with Copic markers.
- Stamp the sentiment at the top of the piece, mount it onto a kraft card base and you're done.
I hope you join us this month and use masking to create a card.