Christmas Easel Card
Finished card size: About 5.5 inches diameter
Candy Cane Fairy (Faerie Song)
"Naughty or Nice" (Faerie Song)
Avalanche white (Bazzill)
Solar White (Neenah)
Patterned Paper (Echo Park)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Archival Jet Black (Ranger)
Grand Scalloped Circle (Spellbinders)
Ribbon Tag Trio 3 (Spellbinders)
Grand Circles (Spellbinders)
Copic Markers (.too)
E00 and E11
R35, R37 and R46
Y00, Y02, Y06, Y26
BV000, BV00, BV02
ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon)
Out Line sticker (Pop Ups Etc.)
Gold Pearl Pen (Viva Decor)
needle, thread and button (from stash)
Double sided adhesive (Scotch 3 M)
For this card I followed the directions for the twisted circle easel card at Splitcoast Stampers. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/twistedcirculareaselcard/.
- Using the Grand Scalloped die, cut card base out of Avalanche paper. Be sure to place your die so that it extends slightly over the fold of the paper so that part won't cut. This will leave you with a hinge to open your card.
- Cut a second grand scalloped die out of the Neenah paper. Stamp this with fairy image.
- Color image with Copic markers.
- Fold card base along a diagonal to make the easel.
- Cut patterned paper with Grand Circle die for inside of card.
- Stamp sentiment and cut out using Ribbon Tag Trio die.
- Begin to assemble your card. Slide ribbon through the ribbon tag die. Sew a button on the left edge near die cut as shown.
- Attach ribbon and die cut to patterned paper. Fold ends of ribbon behind paper and tape onto card base. (On the inside of the card)
- Attach fairy image to front of card. Be sure to only apply adhesive to the top of the image (or apply only to card base).
- Add star sticker to the top of card.
- Use gold pearl pen to add pearls to each scallop.