Easel Card General Directions
By: Cathy Peper, Editor
Finished card size: 5.5 by 4.25 inches (A2)
card stock cut at 4.25 by 11 inches for a vertical card
card stock cut at 5.5 by 8.5 for a horizontal card
strong adhesive such as Score Tape
additional card stock
- This tutorial is based on the one found at www.Splitcoaststampers.com. They also have some variations posted there. I'm using the directions for an A2 size card.
- For a vertical card, score your card stock at 5.5 and 8.25 inches.
- For a horizontal card, score your card stock at 4.25 and 6 3/8 inches.
- Fold the card in half and then fold along the second score line the opposite way.
- Place your card so that the longer end is facing down. Place a couple lines of adhesive on the shorter end.
- Cut another piece of card stock 5.5 by 4.25 for the card front. Adhere this to the base, lining up the top corners.
- Stamp your card front and add any embellishments.
- Stamp on the inside as well. To make the easel part stand, you need to place an embellishment or another layer as a "door stop" to catch the card front. This embellishment should be at least one third of the way up from the bottom of the card.