Easel Card-Debbie’s View
A Little Cupcake
By: Debbie Ebat, Artistic Guide
Finished card size: 6" x 4.25"
Sweet Thing (Penny Black)
Saying (Morning Star)
light yellow for card base, cut at 6 X 8.25 inches (from stash)
light yellow for card topper, cut at 6 X 4.25 inches (from stash)
2 pieces dark pink card stock cut at 5.75 X 4.75 inches (from stash)
patterned paper-2 sheets of Sweet Cakes 6 X 6 pad, cut at 5.25 by 4.5 inches (Doodlebug)
light green card stock (from stash)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Copic Markers: (.too)
E21, E55, E25, E57, E51,E27
W0, E00, E02
Mini Flourish one (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Floral Doily Motifs (Spellbinders)
Labels Ten (Spellbinders)
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
Score Board (Martha Stewart)
Red Double stick Tape (Recollections)
mounting tape (from stash)
Trendy Tape (Queen & Co)
glitter Gem Flowers (Paper Studio)
Dries Clear Adhesive (Art Glitter)
Glue Dots (Thermo -Web)
I was excited to try this month's project. I have always wanted to make an Easel Card, but I never took the time to do it. And I have to say that they are so amazing I made three. Each is a little different, but only one was used for this project.
- I started by cutting the base card stock (the light yellow) to 6 X 8.25 inches. Then I scored it per the easel card directions. I wanted my Card a little bigger then the directions, so I adjusted the length of the paper
- I used the store brand of red tape from Michael's to hold the easel portion of the card .
- Then I colored my stamped image from Penny Black, cut her out using a circle die from Spellbinders and mounted her on the Spellbinders Floral Doily.
- Next, I added the die cut flourish
- And then the flowers.
- The saying was raised up from the base of the card with foam mounting tape.
I am definitely going to do more easel cards. They're a lot of fun.
Thanks for stopping by,