Polished Stone: Vickie’s View
Polished Stone Blossom
By: Vickie Kertz, Artistic Guide
Finished Card Size: 5.5 x 4.25"
Heartfelt Creations HC-224-B
Stampin' Up--Silhouette Sentiments
All Paper used is from Paper Temptress
Violet Mica Metallic
Azalea Mica Metallic
Ice Pearl--I used this as my glossy cardstock
Pink Passion (Stampin' Up!)
Eggplant Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Ranger)
Wild Plum Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Ranger)
Mushroom Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Ranger)
Gold Mixative Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Ranger)
Blossom 2 Die (Spellbinders)
Edge Punch (Fiskars)
Small Label Punch (Stampin' Up!)
Soft Orchid Pink ultrafine glitterglue (from stash)
Scotch Foam Mounting Tape
Adhesive--I use Beacon 3 in 1
Tim Holtz tool and felt to do polished stone
Die Cut Machine
- Card base is made from Violet Mica Metallic and is 5.5 x 4.25". The second layer is Azalea Mica Metallic and is 5.25 x 4". The third layer, which is the polished stone layer, is 5 x 3.75" and was done on Ice Pearl. This cardstock has a beautiful semigloss finish and a sort of pearly look. I cut the second largest Spellbinders Blossom from the polished stone piece.
- The corners were cut on the Azalia Mica Metallic and on the polished stone piece with a Fiskars Edge Punch.
- Next I took the 3rd largest Spellbinders Blossom die and placed it in the middle of the piece cut in #1 and ran it through the die cut machine. This way the pink layer is going to show in the card.
- Stamp the smallest flower onto the Ice Pearl. Set it aside to dry for a short time. Cut the second smallers Spellbinders Blossom from a piece of scrap paper. This is going to be used as a template to help cut out the stamped image. Place the cut out blossom over the stamped image. Once you have this placed correctly place your die in the cut out and place a small piece of repositionable tape on the die to hold it in place. This makes a sort of hinge to help you cut out your image.
- Assemble in the following order: The Violet Mica Metallic is the base. The azalea layer goes down next. The polished stone with Blossom in center goes next. The small polished stone blossom is attached with some Scotch Pop tape behind it. The white flower is attached also with some pop tape behind it. I added some ultrafine glitter glue to the small flower to give it a little more pop.