Polished Stone-Debbie’s View
A Gift for You
By: Debbie Ebat, Artistic Guide
Finished card Size: 5 X 6.5 inches
Bella with Flowers (Wild Rose Studio)
Glossy From my Stash
Black (Paper Temptress)
White (Paper Temptress)
Memento Black (Tsukineko)
Pinata color Senorita Magenta (Jacquard)
Pinata Chile pepper (Jacquard)
Raspberry Adirondack bright (Ranger)
Adirondack Mixatives Gold (Ranger)
alcohol ink Blending solution (Ranger)
Copic markers: (.too)
Elephant C0, C2, C3, C5, C7, RV2, RV4
Purple flower BV01, BV02, BV04, RV02, RV04
Pink Flower BV01, BV04, RV00, RV02, RV04,VG03
V000, V01, RV04
Lables 28 Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Lace Corner Deco C (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
Inkssentials Ink applicator (Ranger)
alcohol Ink Applicator Felt (Ranger)
double stick tape (from Stash)
Dries Clear adhesive (Art Glitter)
Gold Jewels (TPC Studio)
Zots glue dots small (Therm-o-web)
Please refer to the directions for doing the Polished Stone technique.
- I Started by randomly putting drops of the alcohol inks on the felt pad.
- I then added the blending solution and pounced the ink applicator onto the glossy paper. Reapply ink if needed to cover your paper. The end result should look something like this.
- I stamped Bella with Flowers onto white paper and colored her with Copic markers.
- I colored Bella using the following Copic Colors C0, C2, C3, C5, C7, RV02, RV04.
- The Purple flowers were colored with colors BV01, BV02, BV04, RV02, RV04. I colored the purple part of the flowers first, layering the colors and then I added the pink to blend it into the purple.
- The Pink flowers were colored with BV02, BV04, RV00, RV02, RV04 . I colored the Pink first then layered the purple around the centers last.
- The stems are colored with YG03.
- The envelope is lightly colored with V000, V01, RV04.
- Shadows are V22.
- The next thing I did was cut out the image using Nestabilities Labels 28
- Then I started on my layering. I cut a black frame using Labels 28
- I then layered the papers as shown in the pictures below. I used the pieces of paper that I cut the dies out of. This can save a lot of waste of the paper.
- Now the card is read to embellish. Those of you who have seen my cards in the past, know I cannot have a card without some jewels on it. I also like to add more dies if it can be done.
Here is the finished card.. I added the corner dies using glue, as this seems to work the best for me. The little flowers I added around Bella are the waste pieces from the center of the corner dies. I also added some jewels to the center of the flowers in the corner dies and the small (waste piece) flowers.
I made a half a sheet of the polished stone technique and managed to use all of it except for one small strip That might just show up someplace else.
I hope you enjoyed my take on the polished stone technique.
Thanks for stopping by.
2 Responses »
Leave a Response