Polished Stone-Cathy’s View
Finished card size 6 by 6 inches
Large flower (Stamping Sensations)
"Get Outside" (Technique Tuesday)
Black card stock (Bazzill)
Solar white card stock (Neenah)
Kromekote Glossy card stock (Marco's Paper)
Alcohol inks in watermelon, shell pink, pebble, copper, aqua, cloudy blue, sailboat blue, sandal and gold (Ranger)
Archival Jet Black (Ranger)
Double Ended Tags (Spellbinders)
Victorian Border Punch (Tonic)
Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart)
Ebosser die cutting machine (Craftwell)
Black detail embossing powder (Stampendous)
Heat Gun (Milwaukee)
Best Glue Ever (Scraperfect)
Paper Piercer (Tim Holtz by Tonic)
Craft Knife (Tim Holtz by Tonic)
Brads (from stash)
Melonberry Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)
Double Sided Adhesive (Scotch 3 M)
Miracle Tape (Viva Las Vegastamps)
- Create polished stone pieces following general directions. I did one in blue and one in red.
- Make card base from black card stock.
- Stamp and emboss large flower onto red piece.
- Cut out.
- Cut a strip from the blue polished stone piece and punch with border punch.
- Stamp sentiment and die cut with double ended tags die.
- Adhere border, flower and sentiment to card. Use paper piercer to make holes for the brads which secure the tag.
- Cut a small slit in the top of the card with a craft knife to insert the ribbon. Thread ribbon around card and tie in a bow. Secure with miracle tape.
- Punch three butterflies out of blue polished stone piece and adhere to card as shown. Apply glue to the center of the bodies only, so the wings can be folded up for a bit of dimension.
- Sign your artwork.