I Have you In my Heart
Finished card size 5 x 6.5"
"Your are in my heart" (McMahon Five Designs)
"What Cancer cannot do" (DRS Stamps)
White from my stash
Maroon from my stash
Black Memento ink pad (Tsukineko)
Faded Jeans Distress Ink (Ranger)
Victorian Velvet Distress Ink (Ranger)
Peeled Paint Distress Ink (Ranger)
Copic Markers (.t00 Corp)
YG21, YG23, TG25
RV11, RV14, RV13
Gears embossing folder (Provo Craft)
Cuttlebug die cutting machine (Provo Craft)
Ink applicator (Ranger)
- I started by printing the free digital image from McMahon Five Designs.
- Then I colored the image with copic markers and cut it out.
- I felt like this image just did not belong on the regular printed cancer paper I had so I decided to make a background using distress inks. I randomly added the ink with an ink applicator, then did some direct to paper with the ink pads to add lines and texture.
- Then I scored the card and turned it into a gate card.
- Then I stamped inside the card using the saying from DRS Stamps.
- Then I embossed the flaps with the gears embossing folder by putting the flaps inside of the folder.
- I taped the image onto the card.
I did not want this card to be pretty and pink because cancer is not pretty. It is a fight for the person's life - sometimes you win and sometimes cancer wins. Not pretty, not pink.
Thanks for stopping by.