Holiday Quickie: Poinsettia Card
Finished size 5 x 6.5 inches
Bright with Promise (Stampabilities)
White from my stash
red from my stash
Aged Mahogany Distress Ink (Ranger)
Layered Poinsettia (Spellbinders)
French Pastry Doily (Cheery Lynn)
Petite Ovals, Large (Spellbinders)
Holiday Magic M-Bossablilities (Spellbinders)
double stick tape
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
- I started the card by making the poinsettia. I left the paper in the die and sponged distress ink on the opening to give a multi-colored look to the poinsettia petals.
- Then I assembled the flower using glue dots.
- Emboss white base cardstock using the M-bossibility embossing plate.
- Cut the doily using the doily die from white cardstock. Mount the Poinsettia onto the doily.
- Attach the doily onto the white embossed layer. To finish the card, I added red Christmas ribbon and topped it off with the sentiment stamped on an oval die cut.
The white on white with a hint of color can be a very elegant look . I hope you will give this a try.