December 2012 Trail Map: Debbie’s View
Finished Card Size 5" x 7"
I hope you are ready to start seeing Christmas or Winter cards! I am so done with summer. Living in Las Vegas the summers can be so hot and so long, so I wanted to think cold today. (Editor's note: Debbie prepared this project way back when it was still hot outside, when most of us aren't even thinking of winter, cold weather or holidays!) This card is created from Regena's December Trail Map:
Snowman Stamp (Unknown)
White Paper Temptress
Red from my Stash
Blue from my Stash
Snow Man designer paper, Jolley Jambore Pack (Recollections, Michael's)
Silver (Provo Craft)
Snowflake flock vellum (Making Memories)
Scrap of snowflake designer paper (Unknown)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
C00, B0000: Snowman
YR15, YR16: Nose
YG61,YG67, YG45, B45, B46, B69: Hat and Scarf
W9: outline of snowman
Circle Nestibilities dies (Spellbinders)
Grand Caliber (Spellbinders)
Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Xyron sticker machine (Xyron)
Silver Snowflake Charm
Red and Clear sets adhesive Rhinestones (Recollections, Michaels)
Double stick tape
- I started my card by stamping the Snowman with Black ink and coloring with copic markers. The colors I used on the snow man is C00, And B0000 for the Cheeks R20. Then I colored the nose and the scarf.
- After I was done coloring the snowman, I cut him out. I am not sure it will show on the photo, but I wanted you to see the difference outlining a cut out image can make. It just seems to add more depth to the image than without.
- The next step was to make my background for the snowman. I had some flocked snowflake vellum I wanted to use. I mounted this onto blue paper. To make sure the tape and or glue did not show through, I used the Xyron machine to make it sticky on the back.
- Then I started to assemble the card.
- The Snow scene was layered on to the background.
- I wanted the snowman to look like he was kind of out of the snowflake area to give it a feel of motion, so I added the die circle with the charm attached to the middle. This was glued on with glossy accent and the snowball was also made dimensional with the glossy accent. Then I added the red and clear accents to the corners, finishing the card.
You really need to give this map a try. I am really pleased with the way the card turned out.
Leave a Response