Designer’s Favorite Colors: Debbie’s View
Finished Card Size: 6" x 6"
Popcorn the Bear with Love (Crafter's Companion)
White from my stash
Red from my stash
Pink from my stash
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tuskineko)
Memories White Dye (Superior)
Distress ink Festive Berries (Ranger)
Petite Ovals Large (Spellbinders)
layered Poinsettia (Spellbinders)
Leane Holly Frame (LeCrea Design)
Holiday Magic embossing folder (Spellbinders)
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
Copic Alcohol Markers:
Poinsettia - Y18, RV21, RV23, RV34, R56
Bear - E30, E33, E34, E35, E39, E50. E51
Blanket - R32, R37, R35, R29, R27, R55
Shadow - V91, V95
Double stick tape
Zots small Thermo-web
Art Glitter Dries clear adhesive (Art Institute)
Yellow rhinestone (Strauss Studio)
Glitter Tape (Recollections)
- I started by stamping the Pop Corn Bear onto white card stock and coloring the Poinsettia. When I color a flower I color the petals, one at a time, so that I can get the shading correct while the ink is still easily blended.
- The same with the bear, I color similar to how I color a person, I do each arm, leg and head, as a separate piece completing it prior to moving on. For me this makes the blending easier.
- After the image was colored I decided to use one of my favorite techniques called "Out of the Die." This is where part of the image sticks out beyond the die. To do this you want to carefully cut around the parts of the image you want sticking out. Here, I want the flower and the stem to be outside the die-cut.
- After it is cut out and embossed you take it out of the die and trim the parts you left sticking out.
- The next thing I did was take a piece of 5.5" x 5.5" red paper and put this into an embossing folder. Unless you have a very big embossing folder, you will need to leave part of the paper sticking out and emboss twice.
- After I embossed the paper I highlighted the rasied embossing with the white dye ink.
- The next part I worked on the die-cut poinsettia. After I cut the flower parts out on pink paper and while the image was still in the dies, I used a sponge to color the raised parts.
- When done the flower will look like this:
- Then I formed the petals with my fingers bending the petals until they were shaped the way I wanted. Each layer was put together using the Zots glue dots.
- The next piece I worked on was the square die in the background. This is a frame die and the center comes out. My paper was two-sided so I flipped it over and put the inside back in to get a two color effect.
- Then I assembled the card. Layering the red embossed card stock on a piece of pink paper 5.75" x 5.75". Then I wrapped the glitter tape around these and taped this layer onto the white card blank. Then I glued the square down to look like a diamond.
- Then I taped the Pop Corn Bear on and added the rhinestones and flower.
I hope you have enjoyed this last year with all the different color combinations. I cannot wait to see what 2013 brings in new challenges.