Holiday Blizzard – Easy Note Pad and Pen Holder
Easy Note Pad and Pen Holder
Marion Davis, Artistic Guide
I have had this tutorial for several years and have no idea who wrote it. If anyone knows I would be happy to give credit. However, I know I have seen several somewhere on the Internet. Here is my version.
Cardstock - Any color. You can also substitute scrap-book paper.
Stamps if desired. I used the paddle from the Stamping Gear by Inkadinkadoo and the leaf stamp from the Branches set.
Strong double-sided tape
Post it Note type pad
Ink - I used Cottage Ivy Memento (Tsukineko).
- The measurements for your paper should be 2 times the width of the pad plus 1.5” by the height of the pad.
- I am using a 3”x5” pad so my measurements were 7.5” by 5”.
- If you are going to stamp, now is the time to do it Or add a panel on the front later. This is totally your design choice.
- I scored at 3.25”, 3.75” and 4.25” for my pad. If you are figuring a different size it is .25” longer that the width of your pad, .5” to the right, and another .5” to the right. This produces the pen holder and the spine width.
- Find the center point on the middle line and mark .5 inches on either side of that point. Draw lines at the marks between the outer score lines.
- Cut the lines with a scissors. This creates the tab.
- Now identify the back of the pad. It is slightly larger than the front.
- Add double-sided tape on both sides of the tab, avoiding tape on the pen tab.
- Press the tape down toward the back of the notepad cover.
- Fold the pen holder outward.
- Use double-sided tape on the spine of the post it type pad avoiding the area where the pen holder will be.
- Now decorate as desired. I am going to add some embellishments …probably peel off stickers when I decide for what occasion I need it. Meanwhile this lets you see the pad before I complete the decoration.
Have a happy holiday season and happy crafting.
Created by Marion Davis