Tropical Colors: Cathy’s View
Finished card size: 5.5 by 5.5 inches
Lady with Flowers in her hair, "paradise" and border stamp (Hampton Arts for Graphic 45)
Summer Sunrise card stock (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned paper, Tropical Travelogue (Graphic 45)
Solar White card stock (Neenah)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Archival Jet Black (Ranger)
Distress Ink Wild Honey (Ranger)
Circle Large, Square Small, Scalloped Square Small (Spellbinders)
Label it Tag die (Lifestyle Crafts)
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
Bright Wedgewood Blue embossing powder (Comotion)
Copic Markers (.too)
YR02, YR04, YR07
Eoo, E11, E53
Gold Ribbon (from stash)
Miracle tape (Viva Las Vegastamps)
Brad (from stash)
Double sided adhesive (Scotch 3 M)
White Gel Pen (Signo Uniball)
Zots (Therm O Web)
When I saw that the challenge this month was Tropical Colors, I knew immediately that I wanted to use the Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue papers and stamps. I also used a sketch-- Mojo Monday #260.
- Make card base out of Summer Sunrise card stock.
- Cut black flowered patterned paper to 5.25 by 5.25 inches and set aside.
- Cut orange patterned paper to 4.5 by 2.75 inches.
- Stamp woman on white card stock and color with copic markers.
- Die cut woman with circle die.
- Using the die as a stencil, lightly color in back ground with blue chalk.
- Die cut square from leaf patterned paper.
- Die cut slightly larger scalloped square from sunrise card stock.
- Adhere woman to leaf square and leaf square to scalloped square.
- Adhere orange patterned paper and woman piece to black flowered patterned paper as shown. Make sure not to place the adhesive too close to the edge of the woman piece because we want to adhere the ribbon underneath it.
- Stamp and emboss border stamp on white card stock. Cut out.
- Adhere border stamped image to ribbon and using miracle tape, adhere ribbon to card going underneath the woman image.
- Adhere decorated piece to card base.
- Place brad through two layered flowers and attach to card with glue dot.
- Die cut label from white card stock and stamp the word "paradise" on it.
- Cut the label beneath the sentiment to give it a flat bottom.
- Ink label with wild honey ink and attach to card as shown.
- Sign your colorful art card!