Pretty in Pink: Nancy’s View
Pretty in Pink
By Nancy Thaut, Artistic Guide
Finished Card Size: 4.24” x 5.5”
Watercolor Wash [Claudia Rovens]
Scrapbooking Paper [It Takes Two]
Crimson Red [Versafine]
Green & Pink Uniball pens [Sanford]
Pink & Yellow Souffle [Sakura]
Green and light Brown Asian pens
Rectangle frame [Marianne Design]
Cutting dies nesting frames [Lifestyle Crafts]
Zigzag Paper Edgers [Fiskars]
Pink Dazzle Glue [Hero Arts]
- October is cancer awareness month and this is the card I’m making for this year.
- To begin this card I begin stamping the floral design on pink variegated paper in my stash and stamped with a deep red ink.
- Once it was dry I colored the branches and leaves. I followed by using the pink soufflé in the shadowed area and outlined with the pink glitter pen. Finally I filled in the yellow centers of the flowers. Once dried, I cut around the edge of the flower frame and layered with a print paper.
- Using a large die cut, I cut the design out on printed paper. Notice the smaller die. You’ll see some tape over it. The tape holds the die in place when cutting with the cuttlebug.
- The cancer ribbon symbol was cut out of paper and was covered with dazzle glue, making sure it was completely dry before adding the second coat. Each of the attachments is layered with pop dots.
I hope you enjoyed this short tutorial.