Pretty in Pink: Cathy’s View
By: Cathy Peper, Artistic Guide
Finished card size 4.25 by 5.5 inches
Butterfly Lady (Susana's Custom Art and Card Design)
Solar White (Neenah)
Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper (K & Company)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Romantic Rectangle (Spellbinders)
Grand Caliburr (Spellbinders)
Sew Ribbon Zig Zag (We R Memory Keepers)
Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)
Dimensional Adhesive (Starving Artistamps)
Miracle Tape (Viva Las Vegastamps)
Double Sided Adhesive (Scotch 3 M)
Copic Markers (.too)
E11, E00, E02 and E53
Y17, Y15 and Y13
RV09, RV06, RV04, RV00, RV02, RV21 and RV23
- Make card base from raspberry fizz card stock.
- Layer with ripe avocado card stock.
- Stamp butterfly lady onto white card stock and color with Copic markers.
- Die cut stamped image with romantic rectangle die.
- Back the die cut image with a 4.25 by 2.75 inch piece of raspberry fizz card stock to make the decorative border stand out better against the patterned paper.
- Like the Sew Easy, I've found that the Sew Ribbon does better punching through lighter weight papers, so I only punched the holes through the patterned paper.
- String ribbon through the holes following the guidelines on the package.
- Because the ribbon creates some bulk at the bottom of the patterned paper, I attached it to the card base with dimensional adhesive on the top and regular double sided adhesive on the bottom. I did the same when I attached the focal image because it layers over the ribbon.
- Sign your artwork! Pink is one of my favorite colors and I enjoyed creating this card.