Teeming Team Colors: Peggie’s View
Finished Size: 5.5" x 5.5"
This was a rather difficult challenge for me as I am not a big sports fan. I thought of using my high school colors - red and gold but ultimately chose the Pittsburgh colors - black and gold because I live right outside the city of Pittsburgh.
Butterfly (me and carrie lou)
5.5" x 5.5" yellow textured card (bazzil)
5.25" x 5.25" black card stock (stash)
5" x 5" yellow patterned paper (bo bunny)
3.375" x 4.25" black card stock (stash)
3.5" x 4.5" dark yellow textured card stock (bazzil)
3.5" x 4" White Cryogen Card stock (Curious Iridescents)
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (Tsukineko)
Copic markers (.too)
Sunflower Yellow Rhinestones (Queen & Co.)
Black Metal Nailhead Stickers (Mark Richards)
Black Flower Trendy Tape (Queen & Co.)
Yellow flowers (Michaels)
Yellow Stickles (Ranger)
8" of 3.375" black grosgrain ribbon (Offray)
3" silver black yarn (stash)
Scalloped Rectangular Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Big Kick Die Cutting Machine (Sizzix)
ATG 700 adhesive gun
- Stamp butterfly on cryogen card stock and color with various Y and YR copic markers.
- Cut out butterfly cutting off antennae.
- If the butterfly is cut too closely edge the butterfly with a black marker.
- Using largest scalloped nestabilities and die machine cut out the dark yellow card stock.
- Stamp the butterfly again on the yellow scalloped card stock. Color in the top of the antennae with black.
- Adhere the cut out butterfly over the stamped butterfly on the stamped butterfly.
- Layer to black card stock.
- Layer the butterfly layers to the yellow patterned paper, then to the black.
- Put the tape down on the side as shown.
- Layer all this to the card.
- Adhere 6 yellow rhinestones as shown on the butterfly's flowers.
- For the bow make two loops with the ribbon and tie with the yarn.
- Attach 3 large flowers and two small flowers as shown with scor-tape.
- Put centers in the flowers and a couple of flowers on the butterfly with the yellow stickles.
- Put the nailhead stickers in the corners as shown.Your card is now ready to send to your favorite Steeler's fan.