Teeming Team Colors: Marie’s View
Marie Gamber, Artistic Guide
Finished Card: 4.25 in. x 5.5 in.
It's time to stand up and cheer for your favorite team! Since moving to Northern California, I would be amiss to not select the Golden State Warriors from Oakland! This is my card for the Golden State Warriors!
Basketball digital image (Kenny K)
Star stamp (Stampin Up)
Cryogen (Curious Metallic)
Pure Luxury White card stock (GKD)
Dark blue card stock from my stash
Yellow glitter designer paper from my stash
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Memento Bahama Blue (Tsukineko)
Memento Summer Sky (Tsukineko)
Copic alcohol markers (.too, Inc)
Scissors with fine tip)
Cuttlebug Die/Embossing Tool (ProvoCraft)
Acrylic stamping block
Star punch (Fiskars)
Nestabilities Label Eleven (Spellbinders)
Card size 4.25in. X 5.5 in.
Cut 11 in x 8.5 in. paper in portrait orientation at 4.25 in. This will make two cards.
Score and fold with a bone folder at 5.5 in. This will fit a standard 2A envelope. Tip: Place a piece of paper over the top of your project before running a bone folder over the fold. This will help prevent unwanted marks on your project.
Base layer 5.25 in. x 4 in
Top layer 5 in. X 3.75 in.
- The highlights are coming from the right. Since he is looking toward the right, It seems natural to place the light source from that direction. E11 was applied to the shadow area of the face and neck. Blend toward the center with E00 for the mid-tone. Continue with E000 for the highlighted area. The process was repeated using the same light source for consistency. A touch of R20 was used on the lips and cheeks. E000 was lightly blended over the top of the R20 to soften the color and allow a smoother blend.
- The colors of the Golden State Warriors are Golden for the mountains and blue for the sky. Copic colors Y28, YR23, YR21, YR20 and Y00 were used for the shirt. Working in small areas allow for smoother blending.
- The process was repeated for the sports trunks.
- The uniform trim was colored with B21, B24 and B37 for the shadow area.
- The shoes were colored with B21, B24 and B37 for the shadow areas. YR23, YR21, YR20 and Y00 was used for the basketball.
- The card was assembled and there you have it..... the Golden State Warriors!
Thank you for spending some of your time. I hope you enjoyed this card! Come back soon!