A free stamping resource!

Teeming Team Colors: Nancy’s View

Bethel Braves – Red and Grey

By Nancy Thaut, Artistic Guide

Finished Card Size: 5.5” x 4.25”

 

Supplies:
Stamps:
Galeries Vernissage [Inkadinkado]
Papers:
Stardust matstack [DCWV]
Various stash paper [Unknown]
Inks:
Memento Tuxedo Black [Tsukineko]
Other:
Embossing folder [The Paper Studio]
Cuttlebug Die Cut Machine (Provo Craft)
Bird Cage Die-Cut [Poppystamps]
Green Pearl Cotton Floss  Skeins [DMC]
Sequin Flower Kit [Impress]
Rhinestone Trios [Queen & Company]
Black Metal Dot [Colorbok]
Red ribbon [Unknown]
Red Dot Sparklers [Stampendous]
Silver Class A Peel Stickers [Stampendous]
Double-sided adhesive 

 

Directions:

  1. The Bethel Braves was the name of my high school sports team and our colors were red and grey.  And so, my colors for this project are predominantly red and grey with a touch of black and white.
  2. I began this project trying a grey design paper from the Stardust Matstock Collection, a collage stamp and complementary red and black paper.
  3. Shown here is how the collage stamp worked on the design paper I had chosen.   Next I layered the collage on black paper and then layered the black paper on red paper and set aside.
  4. I next took some silver-grey cardstock and ran in through the cuttlebug to emboss.  I cut the paper 4” x 5.25”.  I cut black paper 4.125” x 5.375” and red paper 4.25” x 5.5”.  I layered and glued the paper together and set aside.
  5. For the details of this card I die cut the bird-cage with white cardstock.  From the flower kit I took 5 red flowers and 5 black sequins and gathered 5 rhinestones. I collected green floss, red ribbon, word stickers, and red sparkle dots.
  6. Starting with the stamped layer, I centered the ribbon on the back and glue the ribbon in place.  Next I positioned the collage over the embossed layers and glued in place.  I wrapped the ribbon to the back of the card and taped into position.  Next I took a 5.5” x 8.5” white cardstock, folded it in half and glued the layered papers to the card base and attached the sparkle dots to the ribbon and added the happy birthday stickers to a scrap of red paper and added sparkle dots to each side of the words and attached with pop dots to the collage.
  7. Lastly I ran the green floss through the cage until I liked the way it looked.  I then cut out another bird-cage in black paper and glued to the white die cut, making sure the floss was also glued in place.  Next I assembled the 5 flowers and attached to cage, put the black dot on the top of the cage.  I attached the cage by using pop dots on the left side of the cage and glue on the right side so it was balanced.

 And here's the finished card again.  Enjoy!


Tagged as: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.