August Trail Map: Debbie’s View
Finished card size 5" x 8.5"
Just a little history on Josephine Baker. She was an actor and comedian in France prior to World War II. She helped the French resistance during the war, and became well known in the U.S. where she fought racism in the 50's and 60's.
Josephine Baker digital image (Fine Arts by Robert Jackson)
Pocket Full of Posies Paper Stack (Die Cuts With a View)
Light orange from my stash
Cream from my stash
Copic markers: (.too, Inc.)
W9 around outside of image when cut out
Skin: E25, E27, E29
Clothes: Y17, Y18, Y19, Y38, YR07, YR15, YR16, YR18
Letters: YR04, V05
Petite Ovals, Large Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Fleur De Lis Rectangle (Spellbinders)
Ribbon Banner Shapebilities (Spellbinders)
Grand Callibur (Spellbinder)
Purple Rhinestones (Recollections)
Double Stick tape
Stick on letters by Amy Tangerine (American Crafts)
- I started my card by printing the digital image and coloring it with Copic markers.
- I cut the image out with scissors, and outlined around the image with a copic marker. This helps define the edges and also hides the little bits of white we sometimes leave. Next I cut my designer paper four of each color 1" wide. This is why the card ended up being so big. Then I cut out the light orange in rectangle pieces, coloring two with V05 and two with YR04.
- Then I colored the matching letters.
- After the coloring was done, I just followed the map by taping my paper panels to my card base.
- Then I added the image of Josephine Baker and the letters over a yellow ribbon.
- The last embellishment was a ribbon banner die cut by Spellbinders with Josephine's name (Which I just realized I have a typo and will have to fix it, if I can.).
- Last, I mounted the ribbon banner and added some purple Rhinestones.
Thanks for stopping by! This was a fun trail map to do, I hope you give it a try.