Augustly Autumn: Debbie’s View
Finished card size 6" x 6"
"Sing like no one is listening" sentiment (Inkadinkadoo)
Flower in background (Inkadinkadoo)
Tattered Blossoms (Heartfelt Creation)
White card stock (Paper Temptress)
Butter yellow card stock (Bazzill)
Brown card stock (Bazzill)
Rich Cocoa Memento ink pad (Tsukineko)
Vintage Photo Distress ink pad (Ranger)
Brushed Corduroy Distress ink pad (Ranger)
Wild Honey Distress ink pad (Ranger)
Scattered Straw Distress ink pad (Ranger)
Mustard Seed Distress ink pad (Ranger)
Copic Markers: (.too, Inc.)
YG11, G82, YG95, B0000, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y38, YR18
Large Deckled Rectangles (Spellbinders)
Tattered Blossoms (Heartfelt Creations)
Fanciful Flourish (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
Tim Holtz Blending tool (Ranger)
Flower Mat (McGill)
Stylist Tools (McGill)
Dries Clear Adhesive (Art Glitter)
Elements Cocao (Art Glitter)
Double Stick tape
- The challenge this month is to use autumn colors. To do this I decided to do a yellow and brown card. I started by stamping the Sing like no one's listening on white card stock, and coloring with Copic markers.
- I decided to do one of my favorite techniques from Technique Junkies called Out of the Die, where you leave a part of the image on the outside of the die cut. To do this you cut the portion you want not to be cut by the die and put on the top side of the die. This is what you get when you are done.
- I decided to create my own designer paper for this to be mounted on. I started by stamping on a piece of butter yellow card stock with the Flourish stamp in brown Memento ink. The card size for this is 5" x 5".
- The next step is to use the distress ink and the Ranger blending tool and layer your colors. I started with Scattered straw, then Wild Honey, Brushed Corduroy and ended with Vintage Photo. Then I stamped the flower with Mustard Seed and Wild honey randomly on the card stock.
- Then I wanted to distress the card. I know you can use all the fancy tools, but I did it the old fashioned way. I used the edge of a pair of scissors.
- The next step I wanted lace, but I wanted the lace to be old and brown. I only had White so I colored the lace with my Vintage Photo distress ink. It worked great!
After inking the lace looked like this:
- The next thing I wanted was to make my flower. I stamped the Heartfelt Tattered Blossom three times in small and three times in the next size up using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then cut out with the Heartfelt Tattered Blossoms Dies. Then I shaped the die cut flowers using the McGill flower Mat and Stylist tools. (See Debbie's project, Daisy Swirl 3-D Project to learn this flower making technique.)
- I used glue dots to assemble the flower, putting three of the larger sized flowers on the bottom, off setting the petals, then doing the same with the smaller size flowers. Then I added the dries clear adhesive to the middle and dumped the Art Glitter Cacao Elements onto the center of the flower and pressed down. And, of course, put the left over back into the jar.
- Then I cut out the Fanciful flourish from Cheery Lynn in brown.
- Now it is time to put all my parts together. I took a piece of 12" x 12" paper in Brown and cut in half to use as the card base and scored for a top fold card. Then I layered the piece of butter yellow card stock on top of the brown. The distressed lace was taped onto my background with double stick tape then the brown flourish was glued down using Dries Clear Adhesive by Art Glitter. Then I added my flower. and my stamped image.
I hope you enjoyed my yellow and brown Fall card.. because I loved this color combination.. and I know I will use it again..
Leave a Response