Augustly Autumn: Cathy’s View
By: Cathy Peper, Artistic Guide
Finished card size: 4.25" by 5.5"
Sunny Eyes (Susana's Custom Art and Card Design)
Sentiment (Prima Press Stamp)
Solar White card stock (Neenah)
Chocolate Kiss card stock (Gina K Designs)
Patterned Paper: Indian Summer (Basic Grey)
Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad (Tsukineko)
Jet Black Archival ink pad (Ranger)
Labels Ten die (Spellbinders)
Lace Corner Deco 1 die (Cheery Lynn)
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
Photo Labels Punch (EK Success)
1/4" corner rounder (Zutter)
Spray Adhesive (Scotch)
Double sided adhesive (Scotch 3 M)
Copic Markers (.too, Inc.)
YR000, YR00, YR02, YR04, YR07, YR09, YR17
RV11, RV13, RV14
E09, E27, E29
Our challenge this month is to use Autumn colors. Now, I love fall colors and I love fall as well. In fact, it's my favorite season. But here in the St. Louis area, August is still very hot and this influenced my choice of image and colors. I chose to use this girl with the flame-shaped wings and a color palette of mostly oranges with a hint of pink and brown.
- Make card base out of brown card stock.
- Stamp Sunny Eyes on white card stock and color with copic markers. I used the light YR colors for the skin tones.
- Finish coloring and cut out with Labels 10 die.
- Cut patterned paper into three strips and round corners. Adhere to card base as shown.
- Cut four (4) decorative corners using the Lace Deco die from a coordinating piece of the patterned paper.
- Adhere die cut focal image to card.
- Using spray adhesive, adhere four (4) decorative corners to card. I used the spray adhesive because the die cuts are very intricate and would have been difficult to glue, although a glue pen would also work.
- Punch the middle label from the label punch.
- Using the Prima press stamp, make the word "hot" and stamp onto label. The Prima press stamp is new to me, but I love how easy it is to line up the letters.
- Adhere sentiment to bottom of card.
- Sign your artwork and if it's hot where you are, too, stay inside and stamp!
Leave a Response