Passionate Purple Resist- Marion Project July 2012
Passionate Purple Resist
Finished card: 7" x 5”
Weeping Willow (Fred Mullet)
Sentiment (DeNami Designs)
Seedless Preserves Distress ink pad (Ranger)
Sweet Plum and Lilac Posies Memento dye ink pads (Tsukineko)
White cardstock (unknown)
Sponge daubers Large (Tsukineko), or Blending Tool with Foam (Ranger)
Eclipse tape, Post it tape or notes, or anything you can mask with
I originally found this technique on Heather Telford’s Blog but I have seen it in other places as well. This is actually a very simple resist technique but the results are stunning, IMHO (in my humble opinion).
- Create you card in the size you wish from white cardstock.
- With the eclipse tape or post its etc. mask the areas you want white.
- Stamp the unmasked areas with Versamark and clear embossing ink.
- Begin with your lightest color and sponge onto some areas using a circular motion, Hint: be sure your hand is in motion before the sponge or pad touches the paper.
- Sponge other areas with the medium color (Lilac Posies) and then the darker color (Seedless Preserves).
- Remove the mask tape or post its and stamp the sentiment in one of the areas that was previously masked.
- Ink the stamp with the darkest color and overstamp where appropriate being sure to extend slightly into the previously masked areas as well as where you applied color and embossing.
That’s it! Add a greeting inside if you wish.
Here are two others I have done. I know they aren't the purples but they use the same technique and I thought you might like to see them.
Created by Marion Davis
4 Responses »
Leave a Response