Passionate Purple: Nancy’s View
Passionate Purple Mermaid
Finished Card Size: 4.25” x 5.5”
Chinese symbol [Local King Rubber Stamp]
Forever Valentine by Ching Chou Kuiks [Sweet Pea Stamps]
Happy Birthday [Sweet Impressions]
Scrap and Stash papers [unknown]
Purple Hydrangea Versa Magic [Tsukineko]
Pearlescent Purple Brilliance [Tsukineko]
Purple Floral Embellishment [Recollections]
Exotic Butterfly small [Cheery Lyn Designs]
Paper Edger Scissors [Provo Craft]
Various Copic Pens [.Too, Inc.]
Souffle Pen [Sakura]
Gelly Roll Pens [Sakura]
Purple Glitter Glue [Studio G]
Stickles Icicle Glitter Glue [Ranger]
Flower punch [EK Success]
Brads and gem [Stash]
Manual die cutting machine
My granddaughter‘s birthday is this month and I wanted to make something really glitzy for her.
- I began by stamping the coins on a pale lavender paper with light purple ink and ran the end of the pad around the edge of the paper. I stamped the mermaid with purple ink.
- I colored the mermaid and background with various pens. (When I color I don’t always use just one type of pen. I use whatever is in my drawer with the color shade that best suits my needs and the paper I’m using. When I finished coloring I mounted on a dark purple scrap of paper.)
- I cut the dark paper with edger scissors and lay of my background paper to see how much room I had for a text stamp. I found medium purple paper and stamped the words “Happy Birthday“ and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then trimmed with edger scissors, glued to background paper, punched holes slid the brads through the two layers and attached to the base card.
- The new die cuts being produced are getting more detailed. I’ve had trouble before with getting a good cut. With these “Cheery Lyn Design” dies, I’ve been able to get a clean cut every time using this metal sheet. I use a Cuttlebug and use the white base, clear cutting base C, metal plate, die facing upward with paper right side down and clear cutting base B on top. By running this combination of bases I’m able to get a clean cut every time.
- The butterfly has dark glitter around the edges and the middle. The lower group of flowers are a combination of three colors of flowers. There are two flowers with a small brad used to make each set. Once they were stuck with pop-dots in a cluster and adhered to the card, I added glitter glue. The flower in her hair is a punched flower with a gem added to the middle, a little glitter glue and adhered with a pop dot.
1 Responses »
Leave a Response