June 2012 Trail Map: Map Master’s View
Old Screen Door
Finished card size: 5" x 7"
Remember back when Grandma would holler, "DON'T SLAM THE SCREEN DOOR!"?
This card was created using Regena's June 2012 Trail Map:
Red card stock (C.S.) (Co're dination)
Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad (Tsukineko)
Screen Door/cat die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Metal screen comes w/die (Cheery Lynn Designs, or can buy a roll at the local hardware store)
Border punch (EK Success)
Brick embossing folder (Sizzix)
Pearl pen for hinges and handle (Unknown)
c.s. = cardstock
- Die cut the screen door from brown c.s. and the cat with black c.s. A few screens come with the die, but I bought a roll at Ace hardware for about 8 dollars. That should last me about 62 years.
- Distress the door. I used white and brown ink pads. Rough up the screen, even poking a few holes. Use any scrap paper as backing.
- Border punch right side of shiny black c.s. (Oops, my camera reflection is in there) Apply to basic white card.
- Emboss red c.s. (two pieces for the 5x7) then sand some highlights.
- Make up a "saying" and print on white c.s. then frame with black c.s. and apply as shown.
- Pearl pen was used for the handle and hinges. Stamp swirly on top and there you go.
Leave a Response