Primarily Primary: Cathy’s View
By: Cathy Peper, Artistic Guide
Finished Card Size: 5" x 7"
Leaf Square (Gina K Designs)
"Embrace the Possibilities" Studio 490 (Stamper's Anonymous)
White card base (Darice)
Blue card stock (from stash)
Solar White card stock (Neenah)
Patterned paper (Sassafrass Lass)
Jet Black Archival (Ranger Ink)\
Soap Powder, Jenni Bowlin (Ranger Ink)
Patchwork Embossing Folder (Spellbinders)
Lemondrop, Cough Syrup and Soap Powder paint dabbers (Ranger Ink)
Classic Square Small and Fancy Tag 3 dies (Spellbinders)
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
Sew Easy tool, mat, Zig Zag head and needle (We R Memory Keepers)
Candy Stripe Sew Easy floss (We R Memory Keepers)
Craft Pick (Tonic Studios)
Sponge Dauber (Tsukineko)
Adhesive (Scotch 3 M)
Foam Adhesive (from stash)
- Cut blue card stock to 5 by 7 inches and emboss with the Patchwork embossing folder. Set aside.
- Ink leaf square stamp with the red (Cough Syrup) paint dabber and stamp onto Neenah card stock. Clean stamp.
- Repeat step 2 for the yellow and blue paint dabbers. Be sure to clean your stamp immediately so the paint does not dry on it. Set paper aside to dry.
- Cut patterned paper strip to 7 by 2 inches. Adhere to bottom of embossed blue card stock with a small amount of adhesive.
- Using the Sew Easy tool with the zig zag head, run the tool along the seam where the papers meet. I never get a good enough hole just by using the tool, so I go back with the craft pick and make my holes nice and clean.
- Stitch with the candy stripe floss.
- By now the paint should have dried from your stamping. Cut out the three squares using the Classic Square die. Adhere them to the front of the card as shown.
- Stamp sentiment in black archival ink. Cut out with fancy tag die.
- Using the die as a stencil, sponge Soap Powder ink through the holes with the dauber.
- Attach sentiment with foam tape over the stitching.
- Sign your artwork.
Leave a Response