A free stamping resource!

Hero Arts/Sizzix Product Rreview

by: Debbie Ebat,  Artistic Guide

 

 

For today's quest I decided to do a product review on the new Hero Arts-Sizzix Stamp and Die combination set. Because you all know I love dies!  And next to dies, I love Butterflies.  So this  set called to me.  I found the set at Joann's.  The price was higher than I would have liked, but with the coupon, it fit the budget.   The stamps are a cling mount and I like how these stamps do not have the extra plastic sheet like a lot of the Hero Arts unmounted stamps do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The stamps were not a disappointment.  I like the shading that was added.  This  makes them easier to color,  because it lets you know where the image should be darker.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lining up the dies with the stamped image was really easy and  the dies gave a great cut.  I used my new Grand Calibur to cut these, since I was cutting a whole bunch of stuff at the same time.  The Sandwich was the same as you would use in this machine for the Spellbinders dies.

 

 

 

 

 

I found everything great about the set, and would give this a Two Inky Thumbs Up!  Hero Arts, on their website, shows four different sets of the die- stamp combo's. Would I buy another? Yes! I think the next one to get, for me,would be the Bold Pop Designs. Yes, it has butterflies and a flower! I like to store the dies and stamps together, so the only thing I would like to see them change is smaller packaging. Smaller packaging would take up less room if you to leave the products in the package like I usually do.

 

Now on to the card I made using the set!

Finished card size 5" x 6.5"

 

Supplies:
Stamps:
Antique Flowers and Butterflies (Hero Arts)

Paper:
Pink (Paper Temptress)

Ppurple (Paper Temptress)
White (Paper Temptress)
Yellow  (from my stash)
Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black  (Tsukineko)

Other:
Clear star gel pen (Gelly Roll) 

Dies (Sizzix)
French pastry die  (Cheery Lynn)
Dancing Dolly Lace Border (Cheery Lynn)
Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders+
 Dries clear glue (Art Glitter)
M-Bossablities EL005 (Spellbinders)
Iridescent Rhinestones (Recollections from Michael's)
Copic Markers (.too)
    Y08, Y06, Y04, YG63, YG61, YR18, YR15, YR16
    R14, R46, RV13, RV14, RV17
 Double stick tape
 Removable tape

Directions:

  1. I started the card by stamping the images with black ink and then coloring the images with Copic Markers.
  2. After all the images were colored I lined the  dies up to match the images, then I taped the dies in place with removable tape.  If you do not have removable tape, use regular tape but, stick  it to you clothing and pull it off and stick it again to your clothes several times. This will make the tape less sticky and should not tear your paper.  When I had them all lined up, I put them through the Grand Calibur.
  3. Then I cut out the  border and the doily.  To do the M-Bossabilities, I needed the Cuttlebug because you can not use them in the Grand Calibur unless you have the raspberry plate.  The next step was to assemble the card.
  4. I glued the border on to the card stock then layered the doily.  Then the last touch was to add some rhinestone bling.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review.. and remember two inky thumbs up!


Tagged as: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.