Playful Pastels: Debbie’s View
Card size: 5 x 6.5 inches
Karen Middleton' Dancing Leaf (Sweet Pea Stamps)
Pink (Paper Temptress)
Purple (Paper Temptress)
Designer paper, Preppy Princess (DCMV)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tuskineko)
Romantic Rectangle die (Spellbinder)
All a Flutter embossing folder (Couture Creations)
Pink Opal Ribbon (Offray)
Clear star Gelly Roll pen
Butterflies (Martha Stewart & ek Success)
Double stick tape
Copic Markers (.too corp)
V000, V01, V04
R20, R81, R83, R85
Y08, B0000, E01, E00
Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)
Grand caliber (Spellbinder)
- I Started by stamping the image on white paper with black ink and coloring with copic markers. When doing pastel colors with copic markers you want to pick the lower numbers.
- The next step was to cut the die, and of course I had to go to one of my favorite techniques: out of the die. This is one I learned from Technique Junkies. After you cut out the image with the die then you trim around the hand to cut the excess paper off.
- Then I cut the designer paper with the next size up of the Romantic Rectangle. I discovered that the largest size of this set is just too big for the Cuttlebug. It is almost as big as the plate, and it left the ends uncut. So I broke out my brand new Grand Caliber, that was bought because the dies are all getting bigger.
- This paper was layered on the embossed pink paper.
- I threaded the ribbon through the cut out opening in the designer paper and then just added the butterflies.
I have to say that pastel colors is not a color combo I work with that often. But I think I will visit it more often after this card.