Complimentary Colors: Nola’s View
Today Stampers I have two cards to share with you showing two colors that work great together. For April's Monthly Theme we were ask to create our projects using colors that are opposite each other on a Color Wheel (Complientary Colors). Since Easter was just around the corner when I was choosing my colors, I went with a shade of Purple (Lovely Lilac) and Yellow (Summer Sun) both are "retired" colors by Stampin' Up!
I created these cards when I had some friends over to make cards at our monthly Cards Of Caring meeting when we make cards for members of our church to sign and mail to other members who need some cheering-up. In the photos the Liliac seems to be more of a blue. Maybe that's because I used a blue piece of fabric for my background. In any case it really is a lovely shade of purple.
Finished Cards are both 5.5" x 4.25"
Easter Lilly, Easter Wishes and Terrific Tulips (Stampin' Up!)
Lovely Lilac and Summer Sun Stampin' Up!)
5 Petal Flower and Lace Ribbon Border (EK Success)
Tombo snail, 2 Way Glue pen (Tombo)
Embossing powders in Pewter, Rose Red, Emerald and Cherry Cobbler
Piece of paper for blocking the Versamark
This first card was very easy and quick to make. I used a scraps of Summer Sun to punch out the embossed Easter Wishes and the strip along the bottom of the card. I used Pewter Embossing powder on this one.
- Fold card stock in half and glue yellow scrap across the bottom.
- Ink up the Lilliy stamp really well with Versamarker and stamp it onto the top of your card. Note some of the Versemarker ink will go onto the yellow strip. Sprinkle the card with Pewter Embossing Powder, shake off the excess and use the Heat Gun heat set it. Set aside to cool.
- Stamp Easter Wishes with Versamarker on a scrap of Summer Sun paper. Sprinkle with Pewer Embossing Powder, shake off the excess, and heat set it too. After it cools punch it out using the 5 petal flower punch.
- Use a deminsional on the back of the flower to apply it to the top left of the card.
For my next card I used a mixture of Cherry Cobbler and Rose Red for the flowers, Emerald for the stems and Rose Red for Easter Wishes.
- Fold card stock in half.
- Take a strip of Lovely Lilac card stock that is 5 1/2 X 1 1/2 and punch a border using the Lace Ribbon Border punch.
- Use the 2 way glue pen to apply little bits of glue along the border. Turn it over and press it onto the bottom of your card.
- Lay a piece of white paper over as much as you can of the lace border area of the card. Stamp the stems of the flowers with Versamarker and sprinkle with Emerald embosing powder, shake off the excess and heat set. Remove piece of white paper as you are now done with it.
- Using the Versamark pad, stamp the flowers for your tulips onto your cardstock and sprinkle first with Cherry Cobbler in just a couple of spots, and then Rose Red in the rest of the stamped areas. Shake off the excess and heat set.
- Ink up the Easter Wishes, stamp with Versamarker and stamp it at the top right corner. Sprinkle Rose Red Embossing powder over the image, shake off the excess, and heat set.
Two cards ready for Easter. Sign the insides and give to somebody special.