Complimentary Colors: Lisa’s View
Purple and Yellow
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Quadrant Flourish Zin-225 (Little Yellow Bicycle)
Wink (Unknown Origin)
Summer Sun (Stampin' Up!)
Lovely Lilac (Stampin' Up!)
White Cardstock (Stampin' Up!)
Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Satin Saddle This Sheer Purple Ribbon (Offray)
Purple Stitched Ribbon (American Crafts)
Purple Polka Dot Ribbon (American Crafts)
Scallop Trim Border Punch (Stampin' Up!)
Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger)
Zing Opaque Finish Embossing Powder (American Crafts)
Self-Adhesive Half Pearls (Stampin' Up!)
White Flower (Prima)
Yellow Flower and Green Leaves (Oriental Trading)
Houndstooth Embossing Folder (Stampin' Up!)
Finial Press Embossing Folder (Stampin' Up!)
Big Shot Embossing Machine (Sizzix)
Paper Cutter (Fiskars)
Heat tool (Stampin' Up!)
- Make card from white card stock.
- Cut patterned paper pieces as follows. Yellow base measuring 4.25" x 5.5" and two purple strips measuring 1" x 4.25."
- Stamp design onto yellow card stock with Quadrant Flourish stamp in Versamark. Cover with the embossing powder and heat dry.
- Run yellow cardstock through the Finial Press embossing folder. Adhere to card base.
- Run purple strips through the Houndstooth embossing folder and adhere to the top and bottom of yellow cardstock.
- Using the same yellow cardstock extras, punch out strip with the Scallop Trim Border that measure the length of 4.25" and less than 0.5" in width and set aside.
- Measure a strip of sheer purple ribbon the length of 4.25" and affix onto the center of purple cardstock strip. Repeat this for the other purple strip.
- Measure of strip of the purple stitch ribbon the same length and adhere atop the sheer ribbon.
- Place adhesive onto the yellow scallop trim you've already made and slide it under the purple ribbons and repeat process for the other end of the card.
- With the purple polka dot ribbon, allow yourself enough length to make approximately seven loops, making sure to spot glue with the glue gun so it won't unravel. Form your flower by layering the yellow onto the white flower, gluing on the leaves and placing a large pearl in the center. Glue this flower to your looped ribbon. Hot glue this arrangement onto the yellow cardstock off to the side as seen in the photo.
- Ink up the Wink stamp with black ink and stamp next to the flower for your sentiment.
- Final touches are to add five pearls above and below the purple strips and then small dots of Buttercup Liquid Pearls along the yellow scalloped border to add more dimension and texture.
This is really an easy and fun card to make using the complimentary colors on the color wheel and would be a great generic card to use for many occasions.