Complimentary Colors: Debbie’s View
Digital image called Flower Set (Squigglefly)
Purple (Paper Temptress)
White (Paper Temptress)
Labels 20 dies (Spellbinders)
Catalina Border (Memory Box)
Sofia Heart (Memory Box)
Funky Poinsettia embossing folder (Craft concepts)
Pre cut doilies (Martha Stewart)
Ivamerica Bling (this came from the dollar store)
Copic markers (.too corp.)
--BV01, BV000, G24, YG61, YG63,
--Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y18, Y19, V09
Designer dries clear adhesive (Art Institute)
Double stick tape
- This months card theme is complementary colors, which was interesting, because I have never studied art. The first thing I did , was to go to the art store and buy a color wheel, which had a section that was for complementary colors. This done I started my card. The colors I choose was purple and yellow, because of Easter. I started by printing my image on white card stock, and coloring with Copic markers, and getting it ready to cut out. I choose Spellbinders Labels 20. One of my favorite techniques from Technique Junkies is called out of the die, where you leave part of the image on the outside of the die. You accomplish this by carefully cutting the part you want left out and lifting it so it lies on top of the die, above the cutting blade.
- The next step was to emboss the purple paper with the embossing folder from Crafts concepts. Then I started on the die cuts. I cut the Catalina border and since it was not as long as I wanted I cut it in half and hid the cut portion under the tulip.
- Then I cut out the Sofia heart and mounted it on the precut doily from Martha Stewart. It was a little on the plain side so I added some lines with my copic markers to add some interest, and I also ran a marker around the outside of the doily.
- To add the Memory Box dies I use the Art Glitter glue because it is quick drying and it has a small tip at the top. These dies are so detailed the only way I can think of to put them on the card is to glue them. Now time to put all the pieces together. Don't forget to round the corners. This just adds a nice look.
- Start with the yellow paper, and tape the purple on top of the yellow. The border die cut should be glued and dry then you add the tulip on top and overlap the doily with the yellow heart, then add some bling on the border die and the flower....for what is a card without some bling?
I hope you enjoyed my first trip down the complementary color road.
1 Responses »
Leave a Response