Spring Into Action: Peggie’s View
Finished card size 5.5" x 5.5"
Green is definitely a spring color as the world is starting to turn green.
Dragonfly (Custer's Last Stamp)
"a little hello.." (the angel company)
5.5" x 5.5" sage green card (stash)
5.25" x 5.25" Hunter Green Card Stock (stash)
Scrap of Hunter Green Card Stock (stash)
2.5" x 2.5" Glossy Black Cardstock (stash)
1.75" x 1.75" White shimmery card stock (stash)
4 - 5" x 5" different pieces of cappella paper pad (basic grey)
Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Pad (Tsukineko)
Silver Encore Ultimate Silver (Tsukineko)
Silver Pearl Embossing Powder (PSX)
#685 Spring Green Pearl Ex (Jacquard Products)
Diamond Glaze (Judi-Kins)
Pastry Labels (Memory Box
Big Kick Die Cut Machine (Sizzix)
5 Silver Dew Drops ( Robin's Nest)
2 Mini Silver Brads (stash)
Mini Circle Hole Punch (stash)
ATG 700 Adhesive Gun
- Stamp dragonfly on scrap of hunter green card stock and the white shimmery card stock with the silver ink and emboss with the silver pearl embossing powder.
- Cut out the green dragonfly (cutting off the antennae and legs) and adhere just the body to the white shimmery card stock over the stamped image on the white.
- Mix with the paint brush an eighth of a teaspoon of Pearl Ex with about a half a teaspoon of diamond glaze in palette.
- Paint the Pearl Ex mixture on the glossy black card stock. Let dry.
- Cut the 5" square pieces of cappella point to point and then take one piece and the long edge against the flat of the paper cutter and cut to the point again so that you have four pieces to fit into a square.
- Adhere the 4 triangles to the hunter green card stock.
- Adhere dragonfly layer onto painted black card stock.
- Adhere this to the triangle layers.
- Cut the label using the Big Kick and the labels die.
- There are three labels on the die; choose the long die cut and stamp the words on it.
- Lay the label on the layers for placement and make small marks with the pencil to know where to make the hole punches. Punch holes and attach the label with the silver brads.
- Adhere the layers onto the card
- Adhere the silver dew drops with glue dots to the card as shown.
Enjoy sending your green card to someone special.