Spring Into Action: Marie’s View
Marie Gamber, Artistic Guide
Finished Card Size: 5.5"x 4.25"
Time certainly flies! The theme for this month is "Spring Into Action". For my card, I am using this adorable little dragon image from Sweet Pea Stamps. I have been waiting for this stamp to be in stock for 1 1/2 years! I was delighted when I received a message that the stamp was finally back in supply. I couldn't find a better image than this little dragon to help us celebrate spring!
Dragon Luck Rubber Stamp by Lisa Victoria (Sweet Pea Stamps)
Cryogen White (Curious Metallic, Inc.)
Pure Luxury White Heavy Base 120# (GKD)
Pure Luxury Lipstick Red (GKD)
Pure Luxury Creme de Menthe (GKD)
Memento Tuxedo Black dye Ink (Tsukineko)
Copic Alcohol Ink Markers (.too, Inc)
Acrylic Stamping Block
Copic Multiliner (.too Corp.)
Quilling slotted tool
Adhesive - I use an ATG (Scotch)
Cuttlebug embossing machine (Provo Craft)
D'vine Spirals embossing folder (Provo Craft)
Nestabilities Petite Oval Large/Small Die (Spellbinders)
iTools rhinestones (Imaginisce)
iTool Heating Tool (Imaginisce)
Card Base 5.5 in.x 4.25 in
Base layer: 5.25 in x 4 in
Top layer: 5 in x 3.75 in.
- Stamp your image on Copic compatible paper. I use Cryogen paper. It blends well and is easy to get the right amount of ink saturation.
- The little dragon was colored with Copic Alcohol Ink Markers YG25, YG03, YG21 and YG0000. I used G85 to color the shadow under the flower, neck and under the arm.
- Sparingly apply YG25 in the darkest area then add YG21 using a flicking motion. Blend YG03 for the mid-tone and YG000 for the highlight. G85 was used for the shadow under the flower and under the chin. YG25 was then blended on top. Blend the colors to provide a smooth colorization.
- The flower was colored with Copics R22, R20, RV10, R0000 and C3.
- R22 was used for the darkest area. R20 and RV10 was bended outward using a flicking method. The highlighted area was R0000. C3 was added to the shadow area. R22 was then added on top of the C3. The colors were blended.
- The blue tones were used for the wings and crown.
- I started with BG10 for my dark areas then blended B000 and B0000 for the highlights. I used B21 at the darkest area and re-blended.
- The ladybug was colored with R27 and R22. The black was darkened with a Copic multiliner. The green stem and the green on the wings were colored with Copic markers G28, YG63 and G40.
The pink layer was embossed, the main image and the green background were die cut, and the card was assembled. I then applied hand quilled flowers and yellow-gold rhinestones for embellishments.
I hope you enjoyed this dragon cutie. Have a wonderful month and until next time - Good Health and Happiness to you!
2 Responses »
Leave a Response