Scrap City!! by Peggie Wilkins, Artist Guide
By: Peggie Wilkins, Artist Guide
My oh my! What to do with all the scraps. I don't know about you; but mine seem to have taken over my studio. They are too big to throw away. Here are some ideas.
- Paper piecing -- stamp the image on the patterned paper and then cut it out and layer it on the image - like a skirt for a little girl.
- Punching -- great for all those small punches. You could do lots of punches and store them so they are ready to use when needed.
- Same as #2 only using the scraps with dies.
- Using the scraps for lots of little layers.
- Using scraps to make homemade paper
- Making flowers out of the scraps.
Here is the card I made using lots of different scraps. I used #'s 2, 3, 4 and 6 for this card.
NinaB stamps (catsmeow.com)
Grass die (My Favorite Things)
Pastry Label (Memory Box)
Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart)
Directions for doing the flowers:
- Stamp the flower four times on the yellow and pink patterned paper.
- Cut out each layer; each one will be a different petals on the flowers.
- Add color with markers or colored pencils.
- Curl the edges of the flower with a small paint brush end.
- Layer the petals gluing in the center.
Here is a side view of the flowers showing the dimension.
Have fun using up your scraps and making great cards.
4 Responses »
Leave a Response