Butterfly in Motion: A Sympathy Card
Marie Gamber, Artistic Guide
Finished Card Size: 5.5 in. x 4.25 in.
Marie here and it's my turn to post a tutorial in our Watering Hole blog for this week. I have had a few requests this month for a sympathy card. I find that when people are in grief, it is difficult for them to take in a lot of detail and simplicity will speak the loudest to their heart. For this card I used a butterfly because to me a butterfly symbolizes that life is not ended.... only changed. I also want to give the illusion of the butterfly being "in motion". I n this card, the butterfly appears to be flying into the sunset. It appears as if the butterfly is in motion.
Nature's Greeting Stamp Kit (GKD)
Sentiment: Nature's Greeting Stamp Kit (GKD)
Pure Luxury Navy (GKD)
Pure Luxury Pure White (GKD)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Memento Summer Sky (Tsukineko)
Memento Paris Dusk (Tsukineko)
Memento London Fog (Tsukineko)
Acrylic Stamping Block
Silver Liquid Pearls (Ranger, Inc.)
Navy Base Card 11 in. x 4.25 in. Score at 5.5 in.
White Base Layer: 4 in x 5.25 in.
Navy Focal Base layer 3.5 in x 4.25 in.
White Focal Image Layer 3.25 in. x 4 in.
White Inside Layer: 3.75 in x 4.5 in
- Apply Tuxedo Black ink to the butterfly image and stamp in the lower left hand corder. It gives an interesting view if part of the image is stamped off the paper.
- Cleaning your stamp before each ink color change, apply Summer Sky ink to the stamp and then stamp onto some scratch paper and then stamp the image above the black image. Stamping off the page first allows the image to appear lighter and like it is at a distance.
- Apply London Fog to the stamp and stamp on some scratch paper and then stamp above the light blue image. Position the image in the direction you want the butterfly to be flying. I created a second version of this image and used it for the inside of my card.
- Stamp the sentiment with Paris Dusk and sponge the two corners with Summer Sky and very lightly with Paris Dusk at the tip of the two corners and blend.
- Apply the layers with adhesive and then add liquid pearls as desired on parts of the butterflies. The same image without the sentiment can be used on the inside of the card. You can write your own note of condolence on the inside panel.
Thank you for viewing my card. It is a simple and yet elegant card to give to someone who has lost a loved one.
7 Responses »
Leave a Response