Regal in Red: Lorraine’s View
By: Lorraine Revalee, Artistic Guide
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 4.25"
I am delighted to be working with different colors each month as it leaves much room for creativity. This project deals with a page taken from a magazine, jazzed up with embellishments, etc., and then made into the focal point of your card. I call it Scrunched Magazine. Finished size card: 5.5" x 4.25"
National Geographic Magazine or one that has colorful pages in it
Red & Glitzy gold cardstock (Marco's)
Versamark Ink Pad (Tsukineko)
Sea sponge - unknown
Embossing powders (PKGlitz)
Glitter (Embossing Arts & PKGlitz)
Vintage Glitter (Stampendous)
Mica chips (ArtQuest)
Mica flakes (ArtQuest)
Shaved Ice (Stampendous)
Gold wire - artist's stash
Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Double stick tape (Golf Smith)
Punch (Martha Stewart)
- Tear colorful page out of a magazine. Crumple and wad it up in a ball making lots of creases.
- Unwrap and smooth gently keeping the folds and creases. Use an acrylic brayer to flatten.
- Trim with scissors to a smaller size or shape.
- With a sea sponge sparingly dab Versamark onto crumpled magazine sheet.
- Add embossing powder and heat. Repeat two times using a different color each time.
- You can also add glitter for sparkle while embossing powder is still warm.
- Adhere a mica chip with a brad to magazine paper.
- Add embellishments and adhere panels as shown on the finished card after embossing the red panel with the Cuttlebug and punching one edge of the gold panel.
Don't forget to sign your artwork!