Regal in Red: Marion’s View
Project Regal Red –Sweet Strawberries
By Marion Davis, Artistic Guide
Finished card size: 5.5” x 4.25”
All Stamps Berry Sweet set (Flourishes)
Classic Crest Solar White (Neena)
Lipstick Red Pure Luxury (Gina K Designs)
Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Ladybug Red (Memento (Tsukineko)
Copic markers: YG03, G99 , Y13, 0, R24, R27 and R89 (.too corp)
- Work on a quarter sheet of solar white. Stamp the main image in Tuxedo Black.
- Color a base layer of YG03 for leaves, stems, and calyxes. Use Y13 for the highlights of the strawberries and the centers of the flowers.
- Lightly add shading lines with G99. Then go back with YG03 to blend and soften the lines. Use 0 to lighten areas on the leaves.
- Touch your 0 marker to the G99 and add green shadows around the leaves.
- Apply R24 close to the Y13 on the strawberries. Add R89 in the shadows. Blend the strawberries with R27 to get the correct color. You may need to lighten the Y13 a little with the 0 marker.
- For the inside of the card, stamp the single strawberry on another quarter sheet and color as you did the main image. Stamp the sentiment in Ladybug Red.
- Let this dry for a few minutes before adding the ground and additional image shading. If you don’t, the colors will bleed.
- Cut your Lipstick red sheet of paper at 4.25” on the 8.5” side.
- Mark the center point and fold each side to the center. Trim the main image to 3”x 3.75”. Cut a layer of Regal Red 3.25” by 4” and another white layer 3.375 x4.125” . Sponge the edges of the last white layer with Ladybug Red. Adhere the layers and then adhere the piece to the left part of the gate fold, centering across the width. The right side will open up to reveal the inside of the card.
- Sign your work. Gate folds are fun to do for a change. I really should do it more often.
Created by Marion Davis