Regal in Red: Linda’s View
Finished Card Size: 5" x 7"
Aztec Gold Sunflowers (Heartfelt Creations, retired)
Swirl (Heartfelt Creations, retired)
Double-sided Red Polka Dot/White card stock (Memory Box)
Cryogen White cardstock (Curious Metallics)
Black card stock (Bazzil)
Red card stock (Bazzil)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Distress Ink - Fired Brick (Ranger)
Colorbox Cranberry Pigment Ink (clearsnap)
Paper Trimmer (Fiskars)
Inksentials Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Ultrafine Pearlescent Black Vinyl Glitter (Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter)
Tag (from stash)
Detail Scissors (Cutter Bee)
Double-sided Adhesive (Staples)
Half Inch Pop Up Glue Dots (gluedots.com)
Small sponges (like an eye shadow applicator)
Sponge Dauber (Tsukineko)
- On red card stock, with Tuxedo Black ink, stamp the largest flower six times, and the medium flower three times. Cut out with detail scissors. Cut about .25 inches between each of the petals.
- With the small sponges, first sponge Cranberry Red on the petals, then Tuxedo Black on the centers and the very edges of each of the cut flowers. Using your fingers or the side of scissors, curl each of the petals to create dimension. Apply glue dots to a larger flower, and a smaller flower to make three (3) three layer flowers.
- I wanted some dimension on the centers of the flowers, so I used Glossy Accents on each center, and sprinkled with the black vinyl glitter and set aside for it to dry. If you shake the glitter off immediately, the glossy accents will run. It will take about 15-20 minutes to dry enough to shake off the excess glitter. The picture below shows two of the flowers complete, left to dry, and the third flower ready for sponging and glitter.
- While the glossy accents/glitter is drying, cut a piece of white card stock to 4" x 6" and using Fired Brick ink, randomly stamp the swirl stamp over the entire piece, going off the paper. With a sponge dauber, rub fired brick ink on the outside edges on all four sides, followed by Cranberry ink on just the very edges.
- Cut a piece of red card stock to 4.25" x 6.25 and a black piece to 4.5" b 6.5". Make a card front from the double-sided polka dot card stock, by cutting it to 7" x 10" and folding in half to make a side opening card.
- Adhere the layers, then add the flowers along the left side using more pop dots.
- Stamp the sentiment on the tag in black, and stamp the smallest flower several times around the edges with Fired Brick. Back the tag with red and then black scraps just slightly larger, and adhere the tag to the card as shown in the finished photo.
- To sign your work, make a small label, and attach to the back.
Editor's Note: While these Heartfelt Creations were recently retired, a google search may turn up some remaining in stock in various places, but I'd be sure to not wait if you want to still find them.
2 Responses »
Leave a Response