Designs in Black and White: Peggie’s View
Finished Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Snowman (the angel company)
4.25" x 5.5" white sparkly card (stash)
4" x 5.25" black sparkly card stock (stash)
3.5" x 4.75" black plaid designer paper (black tie collection from basic grey)
3.25" x 4.5" black designer paper (black tie collection from basic grey)
3.5" x 4.25" damask designer paper (black tie collection from basic grey)
3.25" x 4.25" White Cryogen Card stock (Curious Iridescents)
scraps of White Cryogen Card stock (Curious Iridescents)
Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Pad (Tsukineko)
Copic Markers (.too corp.)
White Souffle Pen (sakura)
Orange Souffle Pen (sakura)
25" white silver edged ribbon (stash)
4" Iridescent white twine (stash)
1 White button (stash)
3.25" x 4.25" cardboard (like what is on the back of a note pad)
3.25" x 4.25" Acetate (stash)
7 Pearls (embellishments)
Snowflake Punch (Marvy Uchida)
Crystal Glitter (Stampendous!)
Shaved Ice (Stampendous!)
Diamond Glaze (JudiKins)
Small scalloped Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Big Kick Die Cutting Machine (Sizzix)
.25" circle hole punch
Scotch Tape (3M)
- Using die and the big kick cut out the largest oval out of the white cryogen.
- Stamp the snowman on the oval and color the scarf, button and arms using 100, C9, C7, C5 and C3 copic markers.
- Color the snowman and make snowflakes around the snowman with white souffle pen.
- Sprinkle crystal glitter on the white souffle pen. Let dry.
- Place the two largest oval dies on the damask designer paper and tape down as shown. This will make a frame.
- Leave the two dies taped together and repeat the process with the cardboard.
- Cut the acetate out of the largest oval.
- Glue the acetate over the oval frame of the cardboard and then glue the damask frame over the acetate. Make sure all the layers line up.
- On the stamped snowman put some diamond glaze under the snowman and sprinkle the shaved ice to make it look like a pile of snow.
- Using the orange souffle pen color the snowman's nose. (I am a rebel; I had to add a small bit of color.)
- Glue the cardboard layer over the snowman lining up the layers.
- Layer the black designer paper onto the plaid designer paper.
- Punch a small circle in the middle of the the short side of layer about .75" in.
- Cut a piece of ribbon approximately 12".
- Put the ribbon across the layer and bring the ends up through the center with one end on each side.
- Tie a single knot.
- Layer this onto the sparkly black card stock. The layer onto the card.
- Thread the sparkly twine into the button leaving a loop at the bottom.
- Make two loops in the remaining ribbon and thread through the loop at the bottom of the button. Pull tight and make a couple of knots.
- Glue the bow onto the card over the tied ribbon with scor-tape. Trim ends.
- Adhere the snowman frame unto the card.
- Punch 5 snowflakes out of the white cyrogen,
- Using glue dots adhere the snowflakes as shown.
- Using glue dots adhere the pearls as shown.
- Here is a side view showing the raised layer.
Now isn't this much better than going out in the cold and building a snowman.