Designs in Black and White: Nola’s View
Finished card size: Approximately 4.25" x 5.5" or 105 mm x 140 mm
My With Sympathy Card is made from a Gate Fold Technique. I showed my I Love 2 Stamp gals how to do this it at our club meeting in November. Our cards that night were on more of a Grateful/Thanksgiving theme. But, when I went to start working on the Theme of Black and White for this month (Happy New Year's Everyone!!!) I decided to use the same folding technique for my project.
Sentiment (Stampin' Up!,)
Inside verse (Verses R Stamps)
Basic Black, Whisper White, Flowered Pattern (Stampin' Up!)
Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
2 Tag Die (Sizzix)
Blossom Bouquet Triple punch, Corner Rounder (EK Success)
Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, Square Lattice Emobssing Folder (Sizzix)
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (Sizzix)
Basic Black Polka Dot Scalloped Ribbon (Stampin' Up!)
- Cut paper at 8.5" x 5.5" .
- Score at 2 .125" and again at 6.375".
- Scruff all edges of card with basic black ink.
- Cut two pieces of black, and two pieces of printed paper for front panels at 2.5 x 1.875" each.
- Run the black ones through your die cutting machine wiht the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder.
- Run the printed paper through the die cutting machine with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
- Glue these pieces to the front panels of your card (the "gate") .
- Cut another piece of the pattern paper at 5.25" x 4" and run it through the die cutting machine with the Square Lattice folder. Glue that to the back of your card.
- Take a piece of ribbon that is at least 9" and glue the middle to the back of the card, and wrap it around the gate areas ending just beyond the inside of the panels. I had a whole spool of this ribbon so I decided to wrap it all the way around. This hides the seams of the paper nicely.
- Run a scrap of Basic Black through your die cutting machine using the 2 tag die to make your "gate latch".
- Glue the gate latch on ONE of your front panels.
- Taking a scrap of the pattern paper punch out a flower using the far left shape of the triple punch. Glue that inside the scalloped circle of the tag.
- Stamp your sentiment in black on white paper, round your corners with the corner rounder, scruff it with ink and glue that to the middle of the tag (latch)
- Stamp your phrase in basic black ink on the middle of the inside of your card.
- Take two more pieces of the pattern paper that are each 5.25 x 1.875" and run them through the die cutting machine using the square lattice embossing folder. Glue these to the insides of the panels.
- I even did the envelope, sruffing the edges of it and then gluing a piece of the pattern paper that had also been run through the die cutting machine with the same embossing folder as the other printed paper: square lattice. I used a piece that was 5.375 " x 2.25".
We'd love to see what you come up with for a Black and White project. Let us know when it's done!
Stamp, Create, Play . . . Everyday!