Designs in Black and White: Marion’s View
Black and White Wedding Card
By Marion Davis, Artistic Guide
Finished card size: 5.5”x 4.25”
I created this card for a “Black and White wedding that is coming up. I wanted something simple and elegant. Sorry there are no step out photos but this card is so simple that there was no need for them.
Rose (Hearts In Touch)
Jet Black ArchivalPaper: Classic Crast Solar White (Neena)
Black (The Paper Company)
A circle punch to fit the image in the center of the doily (Unknown)
Italian Doily Flourish Die (Cherr Lynn Designs)
Any die cut machine that will accommodate thin dies. I used the Big Shot. (Sizzix)
Spray adhesive (Crafter’s Companion)
Best Wishes sentiment sticker (Starform)
Optional alternative to greeting – emboss in silver with the appropriate sentiment stamp
- Cut the black paper 11 by 4.25”. Score at 5.5” and fold in half.
- Cut the Italian Flourish die from the white paper.
- On a scrap corner of the white paper stamp the rose stamp in Jet Black Archival ink.
- When it is dry, punch with a circle punch and ink the edge of the circle.
- Using a spray adhesive and protecting your work area with newsprint or other disposable covering lightly spray the doily die cut on the back.
- Adhere the doily to the black cardstock. Use a pop dot or foam tape to adhere the punched rose in the center of the doily.
- Apply the Starform sticker and you are done.
- Suggestion: Write your message inside in silver or white pen or line your card so the writing is visible. Don't forget to sign your work!