Designs in Black and White: Lorraine’s View
Finished card: 5.5" x 4.25"
Black and white cards are always a challenge since you can't rely on colors to make your card "pop" and look interesting. This is my version: enjoy!
Each day (Verses Rubber Stamps)
Inspire Crafty Clings ( Magenta)
Spiral (Outlines Rubber Stamps)
Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)
Black & white (Marco's)
Small magnetic discs (Basic Grey).5
Embellishments (Artist's stash)
Double stick adhesive (Glue Arts Glider)
Nestabilities die cut (Spellbinders)
- Cut black cardstock 5.5" x 10" and score and fold at 4.25 on the right side of card and 2.5" on the left.
- Stamp verse in black on white cardstock and trim approximately 2.5" x 3.5".
- Layer onto a black panel that leaves a margin of .125" showing.
- Layer again onto a white panel with the same margin showing.
- Stamp spiral in black on white cardstock and trim so that it is smaller than the black flap on the right.
- Adhere a glue dot to the middle of the of the spiral on the back side and attach magnet to black flap.
- Add black die cut circle to middle of spiral and adhere with glue dots.
- Attach front verse on left flap as shown. Add white emblishments.
- Put other half of magnet on front side of spiral so that they cling together. Add glue dot on top of magnet and close the verse flap over it and press down. The magnet will be adhered in the correct place.
- Open card fully and adhere a white cardstock die cut and stamp your saying on it. Add a black embellishment peel-off.
This is a fun card to make and you have numerous choices of a design to put on the front of card. I like it because the flap always stays down. Don't forget to sign your work.