Designs in Black and White: Cathy’s View
Once Upon a Time
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 5.5"
Balcony (La Blanche Stamps)
“Once upon a Time” (Cherry Pie Art Stamps)
Solar White (Neenah)
Cryogen White (The Paper Temptress)
Patterned Paper (Die Cuts with a View)
Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Classic Bracket Die (Spellbinders)
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
I-rock tool (Imaginisce)
I-rock gems (Imaginisce)
Swirl Template (Bazzill)
Embellie Gellie (ScraPerfect)
- Make a card base out of white cardstock.
- Trim two adjoining sides of a piece of black and white patterned paper with the classic bracket edger die. Use removable tape to keep the die in position.
- Decide how large a border you want along the right and bottom edge of the card and trim the patterned paper to fit. Attach patterned paper to card base.
- Cut the Cryogen white paper to 4 by 4 inches. Stamp the balcony in the lower right hand corner of the square.
- Stamp the sentiment above the balcony.
- Attach stamped piece to card base as shown.
- Embellish with I-rock tool and gems. I used a swirl template to determine where to place the gems and an embellie gellie to help pick them up. For those unfamiliar with this handy tool, it’s like a tooth pick with sticky stuff on the end. Even with these aids, I found placing the tiny gems to be time consuming and frustrating at times. However, the end result is very pretty. Here’s a close up.
I knew Black and White would be a challenge for me since I love using color, but I’m quite pleased with how the card turned out.