Holiday Quickies: Tree of Joy Card
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Joy (Stampin' Up!)
Paintbrush Tree (Rosie's Roadshow)
Seasons Greetings (Unknown)
White Cardstock (Stampin' Up!)
Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)
Black Ink (Close To My Heart)
Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart)
Large Oval Scallop Die (Spellbinders)
Sequins Stickles (Ranger)
Sponge for edging and blending ink
- Prepare card base for measurements 4.25" x 5.5" on white cardstock.
- Set aside a 3.5" x 3" white cardstock as well as a strip of white CS at 3" x 1" for later.
- Punch out two snowflakes from white cardstock as well.
- Cut designer paper at 4" x 5.25."
- Punch out two corners of the designer paper with the snowflake punch.
- Tape the designer paper to the card base.
- Measure enough ribbon to go across the front of the card. Adhere with tape and trim up any ribbon that may hang over the edge.
- Take the large oval die and run through cutting machine on white cardstock.
- Leave the die around the shape and ink with sponge, the center, with Old Olive ink.
- Ink the tree stamp with black ink and stamp onto Old Olive Green surface.
- Apply dimensional foam to the back of the scallop and stick onto the designer paper in the center of the card.
- Apply dimensional foam to the backs of the two snowflakes and place them on the card as well.
- Using the word window punch, make the shape for the joy sentiment.
- Ink joy stamp with Night of Navy ink and stamp onto the word window shape.
- Tie a small bow and apply to the top of the stamped tree.
- Sporadically place Stickles onto the tree and the dot on the "J"' in joy.
That's the end of this one, but I hope it's been inspirational.